Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Zipper coin/headphone pouch

I saw a friend of mine who had this cute little pouch for her headphones. I decided to try to make one my self although I will probably use it for coins or something else.

Materials: 

  • 4 pieces fabric in a circle shape (i used a bowl and made my pieces 4 inches in diameter)
    • 2 pieces for the outside and 2 for the lining.
  • 1 zipper.  I used a nylon one that was much longer than my circles and cut it down to size later.
  • Swivel clasp (optional)
  • Sewing materials (machine, thread, scissors, etc)
Time: 15-20 minutes

Start by getting all your supplies ready:
The random little scrap you see above the zipper is what I used to attach the swivel clasp. You can always use a ribbon or something else but I wanted it to match the rest of my project exactly.



You will then take one of the inner and one of the outer fabrics and cut each in half.

Now to attach the zipper. Place your zipper on top of one of the half circles that you are using for the lining. Have the inner fabric be face up if it matters. 
I always put the zipper pull to the right but I am not sure how much that matters.


Now place of of the out fabrics half circles on top of the zipper with the outside facing down.
Sew to attach it to the zipper.


Fold both pieces over and iron it down (don't melt the zipper!) and add a top stitch:

Repeat for the other side and try your best to line up the two sides to make a good circle.


Notice how my circle doesn't quite line up. Its not that big of a deal to me but might be for you.
Next you turn your scrap into a little ribbon to attach the clasp. This step is optional.




Sew the clasp on using the ribbon like in the picture below.


Next place the two circles on  top of the with the right sides together.
MAKE SURE YOU OPEN YOUR ZIPPER TO THE MIDDLE OF THE POUCH.






Sew all the way around the pouch. i know it looks like it ends on mine, my bobbin ran out. Go all the way around the whole thing!


Cut off all excess material and then turn it right side out.



I am gonna be trying to make a version of this pouch in a heart shape for valentines day. I will update with how that turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment